New Orleans Style BBQ
May 24, 2012 at 10:26 PM
This famous oven-baked shrimp dish does not involve a BBQ pit or BBQ sauce, but it is finger licking good!
Serving Size: 8-10 people
- 5 pounds Anna Marie Shrimp (heads and shells on)
- 2 pounds real butter
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 6 ounces good beer (microbrewery is preferable)
- 5 - 10 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 medium onion, very finely minced
- 3 ribs celery, very finely minced
- 3 - 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
Melt a stick of the butter a skillet. Saute the garlic, onions, celery, parsley, rosemary and seasoning blend for about 2 - 3 minutes. Melt the rest of the butter.
Add the beer, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
Drown the shrimp in the seasoned butter, using as many baking dishes as you need. Make sure the shrimp are fully submerged. If they're not, melt more butter and add to the sauce. Bake in a 350 degree oven until the shrimp turn pink, about 15 minutes.
Serve in big bowls. Put in a handful of shrimp and ladle lots of the spicy butter sauce over it.
Roll up your sleeves and wear a bib. Serve with plenty of French bread to dip in the sauce.